How To Install XAP Files In Windows Phone?
Want to install any game or application in your windows phone which is not available on the store? If you are searching for how to install/deploy XAP files on Windows phone, then you are landed on the right place. In this article, I am going to explain the step by step procedure to install Windows apps or games on your Windows phone using WPV XAP Deployer. Also look at how to remove Cortana from taskbar in Windows 10.
What Is XAP?
Every operating system has an extension for its application. For example, Android has APK extension. In the same way, Windows phone applications have XAP extension. In general, Windows Phone operating system has two file formats for their developed applications namely APPX and XAP. But the most common extension for Windows files is XAP.
Reason For Deploying .XAP File On Your Windows Phone:
Actually, this method is used by the developers to test their applications on Windows phone. If you want to download and install any other app/game which is not available on the store, then this is one of the ways for installing the app on your device. Or else, if you want to download and install a paid app/game from the 3rd party which is available free on the internet, you can use this method. If you are a developer, you can test your application on your device. These are the reasons for deploying XAP file on your Windows phone.
How To Deploy XAP Files On Windows Phone With WPV XAP Deployer?
Before getting started, let you know about WPV XAP Deployer. WPV XAP Deployer is an application which is used for deploying or installing the XAP files on windows phone manually. So, Steps to be followed to deploy XAP file on windows phone are:
- First download and install WPV XAP deployer 2.0 tool on your PC to deploy XAP files. Download WPV XAP Deployer application from here.
- Also, you should download XAP files [app/game] that you want to deploy on your Windows Phone.
- Then extract the above-downloaded zip file and open WPV XAP Deployer application.
- Now click on Add XAP files and select XAP files that you want to deploy on the device or emulator.
- Next, select the target as Device or Emulator as per your requirement.
- Click on Deploy button.
- That’s it. It takes few minutes to install the XAP file on your Windows phone.
This is a simple method to deploy/install XAP files on Windows phone using WPV XAP Deployer. By following the above-mentioned method, you can directly install Windows apps and games on your device manually. If you face any problem while installing the file, then feel free to comment below.