How To Integrate Internet Download Manager (IDM) With Google Chrome And Mozilla Firefox Manually?
Internet Download Manager (IDM): Really Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a gift for Windows users. IDM is the most popular download manager for Windows operating system. IDM has become famous because of its features and its blazing speed. The excellent feature of Internet Download Manager is, through IDM users can download any files. Recently, I wrote an article about how to fix IDM has registered with fake serial number pop-up message. Now I came with another IDM article for you. Have you ever failed while integrating IDM with Google Chrome or with Mozilla Firefox? If so, This article will help you. So in this article, I am going to explain step by step procedure on how to integrate IDM with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers manually.
What Is IDM Integration And Why To Integrate With Browsers?
Many of you, have got this doubt right!! So, before explaining the IDM integration solution, I will explain what is IDM integration? and why to integrate it with our browsers? So, let’s begin. Internet Download Manager integration or simply IDM integration is nothing but, linking the Internet Download Manager application with your web browsers though some Extensions or through Add-ons. This extension or Add-on will help to ping the download link of the file and allows the download link to pass over the Internet Download Manager application. If the IDM integration is not done with your browser, you can’t download the files. Normally we use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers for downloading the files right! Usually, IDM integrates with Google Chrome or with Firefox when installing the application. If the integration is not done, we have to do IDM integration with Google Chrome or Firefox through manually.
How To Integrate Internet Download Manager (IDM) With Google Chrome Manually?
To integrate IDM with Google Chrome first, you have to install IDM extension on your Google Chrome. If already installed, just ignore it. If not installed, just follow these steps. Steps to be followed to integrate IDM with Google Chrome are:
- Open My Computer on your PC, and navigate to the IDM folder where it is installed.
- Mostly the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager.
- Once opened, search for IDMGCExt.crx file in the folder.
- Then open your Google Chrome browser and click on Menu which is on the top right corner.
- Then navigate to Settings and select Extensions.
- Now, drag and drop the IDMGCExt.crx on to the Google Chrome Extensions screen.
- That’s it. Now your Internet Download Manager (IDM) is integrated with your Google Chrome browser.
- Enjoy downloading the files with Google Chrome through IDM.
How To Integrate Internet Download Manager (IDM) With Mozilla Firefox Manually?
This is also same like Google Chrome IDM integration. Steps to be followed to integrate IDM with Mozilla Firefox are:
- Navigate to Internet Download Manager folder and search for idmmzcc.xpi
- Then open Mozilla Firefox and navigate to Add-ons
- Now drag and drop the idmmzcc.xpi file on to the Mozilla Firefox add-ons screen and install it.
- That’s it. Integration of Internet Download Manager (IDM) with Mozilla Firefox is done.
Through the above-mentioned methods, users can integrate Internet Download Manager (IDM) with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers manually. If you face any problems while integrating, feel free to comment below.